The end of the year is when we start to reflect on what we would like to improve on. While many goals tend to be personal, it is important to make resolutions for a place where we spend the majority of our week- the office! Here are 10 resolutions for 2019 that you will actually want to stick to in the new year.
1. Stay active! Make it a goal to incorporate movement into your day. Try some easy exercises like desk pushups, keep a yoga mat behind your desk for some stretching, or take breaks by walking around your building or neighborhood.
2. Keep it healthy. Stock your office with healthy treats that will keep you going all day! Mixed nuts, fresh fruit, string cheese, veggies and hummus, and yogurt are all great options. If your office has a full kitchen, take advantage and bring in a week’s worth of healthy options at the beginning of the week. That way, you can make or reach for something whenever you feel like going to the vending machine.
3. Treat yourself. Explore what your neighborhood has to offer and give yourself a well-deserved break during the day. Get your nails done, try a new food truck, or sneak in some shopping.
4. Learn a new skill. There’s no better time to bump up your business with something new! You can learn in person, by taking a coding class with a place like General Assembly. Or, go virtual and learn a skill like Adobe Photoshop on Skillshare.
5. Freshen up your space. A new coat of paint, artwork or piece of furniture can transform your office. Adding in greenery is also proven to boost moods, so go crazy with a snake plant or add some succulents to your desk.
6. Optimize your productivity. Increased productivity equals more time for the things you love outside of work! Try apps like Self Control to block out social media on your devices. Additionally, you can use a new planning method, such a bullet journaling or Evernote to stay on task.
7. Network. Start with revamping your LinkedIn profile and take the time to learn how you can get the most out of the site. Research professional groups to join or look on Meet Up for events in your field. You never know where a new connection might lead you!
8. Revamp your professional life. Make a resolution to keep things fresh in your current position. Assess what you love about the job, what you want to change and improvements to be made. Write it all down as a guide for the new year!
9. Take a better break. Don’t just scroll mindlessly on your phone. Make the most of your breaks by doing a quick meditation, reading a chapter of a book, sitting outside and calling a friend, or catching up with a coworker over coffee!
10. Join a shared workspace! This is one resolution you will not regret. A shared workspace can take your business to the next level in 2019 by offering up amenities, administrative support, and flexible space options.
At AdvantEdge Workspaces, we can help you achieve all of your New Year’s resolutions! From our amazing locations surrounded by restaurants and shops to our variety of office space solutions, we can help you check off everything on this list. Come tour our spaces so you can start 2019 off on the right foot!