Author: Gabrielle Jones
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, buying airline tickets can be stressful! We’ve scoured some of the best travel sites and columns to compile these airfare tips in order to help make your time away from the office as stress-free as possible:
- Book domestic flights just 6-8 weeks in advance
- Tuesdays at 3:00 p.m. EST is when flights are optimally priced.
- Wednesdays tend to be the cheapest day to fly domestic.
- Use Bing’s Price Prediction Page to gage if fares will go up or down.
- Book international flights as early as possible. Sometimes the cheapest tickets are sold as early as 24 weeks before departure.
- Learn your route. The more familiar you are with flight prices for your destination, the better your price gage will become.
- August tends to be the cheapest summer month to travel to Europe.
- Being as flexible as possible allows you to take advantage of last minute deals.
- Shop for one ticket at a time. Airlines price all of the tickets in a group the same which means you could be missing out on lower priced tickets if there are not enough to fulfill your order.
- Ask the trusted staff here at AdvantEdge to act as your travel agent and book a flight on your behalf
- Above all, if you see a flight at a price you’re willing to pay … book it!
Here are some further resources for travel booking to review. Bon voyage!