The COVID-19 pandemic has created stresses and hardship for all of us around the World. The power of the human spirit prevails, and people have shown compassion and solidarity. Here are a few positive stories to give you a Friday boost!
- Even though DC Public Libraries are closed, the Library is making an effort to serve local community members and provide a forum for engagement and enrichment. You can still access many of the Library's resources online and even join a virtual book club!
- Dolly Parton, an icon of American music and pop culture, is doing her part to lift the public's spirits by reading bedtime stories. You and your kids can tune in to 'Goodnight with Dolly' to enjoy some classic children's literature from the voice of a legend!
- Stars are joining forces to start America's Food Fund, with the mission of feeding those who are most vulnerable during the COVID-19 crisis. Celebrities like Oprah and Leonardo DiCaprio, celebrity chef José Andrés, as well as Apple and the Ford Foundation have already committed to the project.
- John Krasinski, who made his name on the hit TV-show The Office, has started his own show focused on delivering positivity directly to you! You can watch 'Some Good News' on YouTube to enjoy uplifting stories and celebrity appearances.
- Two grandparents decided to create a song for their grandchildren, encouraging them to practice healthy habits and keep a positive spirit! Think about little ways that you might be able to send uplifting vibes and support your loved ones and communities.