Why should brands care about video content? According to the video infographic below, a video is worth even more than a thousand words when it comes to online business! The following statistics from this Social Times article highlight the reasons why businesses should be concerned about video content. The stats also provide compelling evidence in favor of focusing marketing efforts on the creation and optimization of video content.
- 68% of viewers share video links (and sharing means more promotion for your brand!)
- More than 50% of the videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community (which means a brand new way to engage with your customers!)
- Having a video on the landing page of your website makes it 53% more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search (and who doesn't like higher ranking in search results?)
- The average user’s visit to a text and image-based website lasts only 43 seconds; for a website with video, the average visit lasts 5 minutes and 50 seconds (ding! ding! ding!)
- Customers that watch videos of products or services are 85% more likely to make a purchase (ka-ching!)
For more videos, check out AdvantEdge’s YouTube channel!