We gained an extra hour with on November 3rd, but for some reason we’re all still exhausted. Here are a few tips to keep yourself and your coworkers productive and energize as you adjust to Daylight Saving.
- Mind Your Diet: Eating a lot of carbs will slow you down and consuming sugar will lead to energy crashes. Conversely, proteins and good fats will be easier for you body to digest and provide you with essential vitamins. Make sure you watch what you eat during this transition period when we can all use some extra energy.
- Get Out: With the shift in daylight during our schedules, we might miss out on the sunshine all together. Be cognizant of the fact that it will most likely be dark by the time you get home from work, and make time for a walk outside during your workday.
- Break a Sweat: There are plenty of ways to get exercise, the most important thing is that you do it! Whether you like to bike, run, swim, do yoga or play basketball, being active will give you a physical and mental boost.
- Snooze Smarter: Do your best to avoid bright lights and screens, snacking or drinking caffeine or alcohol right before you go to bed. Nap during the day if you need to, just set your alarm for 20 minutes so you’re not fatigued for the rest of the day.
- Cheer Up: Of course, this is easier said than done. Everyone can get a little down when it's dark outside at 4 in the afternoon, tell a joke or give a compliment for your coworkers to put some positivity into your workplace!